- SSB Screening Test PPDT procedure is the first Stage of testing method conducted by the SSB to reject unlikely defence aspirants from the next stages of testing. Aspirants who pass the SSB Screening Test PPDT procedure are retained for the next stage whereas the others are sent back on the same day. The SSB Board can send back almost 60% to 70% of the aspirants from the SSB screening Test PPDT day.
- SSB Screening Test PPDT is conducted on the first day of your reporting at the Service Selection Board (on the second day for those who reports in the afternoon at around 2.00 PM). The SSB Screening Test PPDT is a nightmare even for Recommended candidates but no need to worry if you follow some basic rules you can get through it. The SSB Screening Test PPDT is a test which is used to sort out the candidates that are suitable for the next phase of testing, it is an elimination test.
SSB Screening Test PPDT
The screening procedure consists of
- Officer’s Intelligence Rating Test (OIR)
- Verbal and Non-Verbal IQ test
- Picture story writing (PPDT)
- Individual Picture story description for about 1 minute
- Group Discussion on the story
SSB Screening Test PPDT : Officer’s Intelligence Rating Test (OIR)
The Officer’s Intelligence Rating Test consists of two separate tests- Verbal and Non-Verbal test. These are designed to determine the OIR or Officer’s Intelligence Rating of the aspirant. It consists of simple logical, linguistic, analytical and mathematical questions that test the basic common sense of the individual.
The number of questions is generally 40 and time given to you to solve them is 17 Minutes, however, the number of questions can go up to 50 in some boards and you will be given some added time in that case. You must practice for this test before going to SSB Interview as the time given to you for solving the questions is very less.
There is No Negative Marking In Verbal and Non-Verbal tests so try to attempt all questions.
All aspirants can practice verbal and non verbal questions of reasoning from any of the good books available in the market. Consider books of S.Chand Publication, Arihant Publications, Lucent , Tata Mcgraw-hill publications.
SSB Screening Test PPDT
Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) is the second test in Screening series, This test comprises to two parts, first is Perception and second is Discussion.
For the purpose of perception, you will show a Hazy (very blurred) Picture for 30 Seconds. This picture is intentionally made very Hazy (someone will find 4 people and some will find only 1 person in the picture) in order to check your perception skills. Within this 30 Seconds, you must find how many characters are there in the picture what is their age, sex, and mood. After that, you will be given 1 Minute time to mark the character in a square box and within this 1 minute you have to also write what action is taking place in the picture, the action is nothing but the summary of your story in one line.
As soon as your 1 minute completes you will be given 4 Minutes time to write the story and thereafter the sheet will be collected from you.
PPDT (Steps for Writing)
You can use English or Hindi but no third language should be used to write the story, you must express your feeling and thoughts and quickly write what’s coming to your mind without thinking much about the beauty of expression. You are required to write your story on the following points.
- What has led up to the situation?
- What the characters are feeling and thinking.
- What is happening at the moment.
- What is the final outcome of the story?
So, within 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds your Picture Perception test will be completed.
Group Discussion on PPDT
For the purpose of discussion, all candidates will be divided into groups. Each group will be having 15-25 candidates depending on the strength of candidates reported. Each one of you will be required to Individually Narrate your own story. You will be given instruction for narration regarding whether you have to tell no. of character their mood and sex or you have to straightaway narrate your story. So, listen to the instructions carefully. As soon as you enter the discussion room you will be given your PPDT sheets back to have a look at your story which you wrote earlier and thereafter you have to submit that in the end. In discussion, first of all, each one in your group will have to individually narrate his own story, the Language to be used for narration must be English but if you gets stuck somewhere you can use Hindi but switch back to English As Soon As Possible and within 40-60 Seconds you have to complete your story, as soon as the last candidate finish his story the Discussion Starts.
So peacefully we have said that the discussion starts but friends if you have never gone to Fish Market then after this discussion you will get to know what fish market is all about. Everyone out there will be trying to convince someone but to whom is not known as everyone will be speaking. And you will be an exceptional case if you say that your discussion went on smoothly. If large no. of candidates are speaking at the same time then the assessors generally divide the whole group in two half which reduces the no. of fish sellers but the fish market goes on. The purpose of the discussion is to form a common group story and in the end, all of you have to decide one candidate who will narrate the group story. For discussion, the time is 20 Minutes but they kick the group much early as they have just two poor ears to listen and they don’t want to lose them. However, at the end, they show the courage to say that “Gentlemen it was a Nice discussion”.
(Online Classes by The Original Tutors)
The Original Tutors estd. 2006 understands the challenges being faced by aspirants during this COVID-19 pandemic. Many candidates have received their SSB call letters and are required to report for their SSB Interviews soon.
With The Original Tutors being closed due to the pandemic, aspirants are confused and anxious on how to approach their SSB preparation. In order to aid such aspirants Original Tutors is going online
We imparts the most comprehensive online SSB Interview Training course which will provide real value to the aspirants and help them put their best foot forward at their upcoming SSB.
Don’t waste your precious SSB Opportunity by taking sub-standard and commercial online coaching designed only to make a quick buck off anxious aspirants.
Students can come and join THE ORIGINAL TUTORS for SSB, Best Airforce/NDA/ X/Y ,CDS & AFCAT Coaching in Meerut. www.theoriginaltutors.com
- THE ORIGINAL TUTORS has manifested method of teaching by the systematic application of the scientific methods, demonstrations, digrammatical presentations, Audio-video presentations, Group discussions, Newspaper sessions.
- All these specific learning technique have made the teaching-learning process more entertaining.
- This directs complete concentration over the attainable objectives of the students.
- We clearly understand that every student has his own understanding level, intelligence, liking and disliking, thoughts, social environment, capabilities, positives and area of improvement.
Join & feel the difference
- All energetic, dynamic & passionate youth looking for a very diverse and exciting & adventurous career.
- Apart from flying one has to manage hundreds of personnel on base camp, formulate high-level strategies and tactics.
- During the calamities and emergencies, they step further and carry food and crucial supplies. If all the above-mentioned duties, gives you adrenaline rush then a career as an Air Force Officer is the right choice for you.
- Come and join THE ORIGINAL TUTORS, the Best Airforce/NDA/ X/Y & AFCAT Coaching in Meerut.
For important Current Affairs, GD Topics and tips of written examinations which helps you in AirForce X/Y , NDA, CDS, AFCAT & SSB: http://www.airforcecoaching.in/airforce-x-y-gd-topics/